Earby N gauge

Pictures below of this popular layout

Earby railway station opened in 1848 and was an interchange station serving the small town of Earby in Lancashire. Built by the Midland Railway, Earby was part of the Leeds Bradford Extension Railway that ran between Colne & Skipton, South of the station there was junction with a line running to Barnoldswick. In February 1970 passenger trains between Colne and Skipton were withdrawn and the station closed.
The model depicts the station as it looked in the days of steam and is the latest project by our members. A good deal of work has gone into research and the model captures the look of the station and surrounding area based on photographs and records available.
Most of the buildings have been created using a 3D printer and the detail created is quite amazing. Members have also been at work constructing other line side items including the station over bridge, signal boxes and other line side details.

2016-01-31 11.45.55

2016-01-31 11.47.33

Earby town centre

Printing with the 3D printer

Early baseboard construction

And a bit of scenery

Buildings coming together

Station Hotel Earby

And again

Colne rd shops

A terraced row

Earby garage

Dr Jagoe’s house

Follow us on Facebook

Upcoming Exhibitions

CMRA Member

Associated with the CMRA, a group of model railway clubs
CMRA club member. Registered Charity no. 1002022